Sunday

Lamps Redone!

As most of you know, I'm a proud thrift store shopper. So many of the lamps I have in my own home are thrift store finds that I've lovingly updated with a bit of spray paint and new fabric. I found a great tutorial on 33 Shades of Green today that will show you just how to go about this very easy project and she even shows he products she uses...most of which are personal favorites of mine as well. Want to see how to create your own masterpiece like the one below? 


The pic above is from Pink and Polka Dot and is another fun transformation. Unlike the tutorial above, when I redo a lamp, I just lay the shade on the fabric and as I roll it in one direction, I  mark the fabric on the top and bottom. It should create a curved shape that will follow the shape of the shade exactly. Grosgrain ribbon is another way to finish off the shade. Super easy.

Give it a whirl and let me see pics of the finished product!

1 comment:

lisaroy said...

These are great - i always love a cute patterned shade :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails