Wednesday

Layers Upon Layers

Catalano Residence eclectic

I know very few things for sure, but, one thing I do know is I'll never be a fan of true modern design. I like too much stuff around me...things that make me smile or remember or even feel a bit melancholy. 
I'm a big believer that if something means something to you, you should display it lovingly and celebrate it. 
Now, editing is your friend, of course, but I edit with a loose touch and always seem to ere on the side of too much, rather than too little. I love that about this pic...I feel like I know who lives there...what they care about and maybe what they don't. This should be the goal when we're decorating our spaces, I think. 
That and to do our best to not give a hoot about what other people say is in or out or cool or not. 
From the moment I saw these "Keep calm and carry on" prints, I was a fan. The sentiment is something we could all hear more often. I've heard several design snobs make fun of these prints and talk about how overused they are...and maybe so...in larger cities...in home mags. But, here in good ol' Davenport, IA we are just seeing them. I actually had to find mine in Chicago last year. The point is, I guess, that loving something is the only thing that matters to me and the rest be darned. I hope you feel the same!

Have a great night!
xoxo

2 comments:

lisaroy said...

great post - I completely agree! Your home is all about you, your style, what makes you happy and shouldn't look like a showroom. :)

Jen of All Trades said...

So nice to have a kindred spirit! Have a wonderful week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails