Tuesday

Knuckle Biters

You know how in old-timey movies a group of men would see a gorgeous woman walk down the street and to keep from calling out to her, they would bite their knuckles? I so know how they feel. No, I haven't been loitering on the street ogling young men...it happens to me every time I see something so beautiful that I just can't wrap my head around it. It could be a sublime color combination or even just the lines of a sofa. Things like that move me in ways that are probably totally and completely abnormal, but hey, it is what it is. So, I've decided to start a new weekly post I'll call, Knuckle Biters. Here are some of my favs from this week:

 Loving that harlequin pattern...reminds me court jesters and all things fun and frolicky. I'm drawn to the artwork as well and am pretty sure they used my lower half as inspiration. I'll be expecting a check in the mail.

I just want to curl up here in this deliciously deep pink love nest and wile the night away with a good book and a bottle of champagne.

Heavenly color palette. Total knuckle biter.
Henri's in Chicago. 


 Those chairs. Omg, those chairs. See, if I don't bite my knuckles, I might scream with chair envy!

I miss having a fireplace in my bathroom soooo much. A shame I had one when we lived in Arizona.
You know, the hottest place on earth. Ah, well. This one needs a shot of depth and color...but the layout is divine. Can't you see lighting the fire, dimming the lights, turning on the bath water and relaxing in the chaise with your favorite magazine while it fills? Too chilly when you get out of the bath? Grab a fluffy robe and sit by the fire until you warm up. Love it.

 What is my obsession with velvet? Silk velvet, to be precise? Silk velvet in turquoise on a camelback sofa with down cushions and no skirt! Need. Now.

Oh, joyous lamps. Your shades are truly stunning. (Sung to Oh, Holy Night)


 On the floor, writhing in pain as I bite my knuckle hard enough to leave a mark. Can't. Stand. It!

That's all I can handle for the night, my friends. If you see any "Knuckle Biters", let me know!
I'd love to see what makes you want to scream with delight. 
Get your mind out of the gutter. ;)

xoxo




5 comments:

Donna Kay Langan said...

You are so my new weeknight obsession. Just perusing through your pictures makes me sign with delight and excitement! I am so hiring you for my next big party!

Carrie DeVine said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the chairs!!

Jen of All Trades said...

So nice to hear you're both finding a bit of inspiration here! Donna, is this your first comment? I don't remember seeing your name before...but I'm so happy to have you here. I'll be glad to help plan your next event...just let me know when and where! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you, Ms. Devine!

A rootdigger said...

I am always putting a share of links of great oh my gosh blogs pics. I should use the knuckle bite to keep from doing more than two a day. Yyour blog would require me to have stiches. jo at sunnyside

Anonymous said...

You may be as you say knuckle biter but at my age with designing I say you have designing in your soul. Some people have it and some do not. It is when nothing else matters but your next fix with designing a room or staying up late to get a grouping just right. Shopping for weeks for one piece of fabric. Yes, you have that disease, they call design fever and dearie there is no cure. Just give into it and enjoy it while you have it and dear you have it in spades!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails