Sunday

Shocked and Saddened


I'm not a big statement maker when it comes to sharing how I feel about sensitive and potentially contentious topics of conversation, but these last few weeks have been doozies for me when it comes to the issues shown above. I won't go into too many details, but let me just say that the utter hatred and warped viewpoints that come spewing out of some people's mouths is nothing short of heart breaking to me. I don't understand it. I've never understood it. I woke up this morning to a big cherry on top when I discovered a comment on my most recent post which included a short tutorial on how to create a carnation arrangement by the fabulous Eddie Ross. It not only tried to cut me down for needing to explain to people how to make such a "ridiculously simple" idea but that I would include such a "flaming f*##*t" in my blog surely will send you to Hell". Yep. He/she sure did...and of course didn't have the nerve to leave a name or email address. 

So, here's the deal people...while I can't control people's viewpoints, I can control how I respond to them and who I will allow to leave comments on this blog. Any racist, sexist or homophobic comments will not now or ever be welcome here.

Please respect one another. 



4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

That is awful. I read the post and was actually glad there was a explanation as to how to do it. I was hoping to do this for my Christmas table and now I know how. Nice to have such hatred not only towards people and their lifestyle but also people who might not know how to make a carnation ball. Comment moderation is fine but it is a shame you would have to!

Jen of All Trades said...

I know...it bugged me all day yesterday. I have never had to remove a comment before, but that one was a no-brainer. Thanks for your thoughts, Mary Beth. I'm so glad to have you here and hope you'll continue to visit! Have a great week! :)

Sarah said...

Good on you! I can't believe some people. I too agree in speaking about what you believe in but I also believe if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all!

Love your blog and I think the carnation ball is gorgeous I love carnations as it was my grandma's favourite flower and thanks for the how too. xx

Jen of All Trades said...

Thanks, Sarah. I'm so glad you are enjoying the blog and believe me...I'm a big fan of "If you don't have anything nice to say...". Lots of hate still floating around in this crazy world, no? I sure hope you have a great Sunday and an even better week! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails