Saturday

Dreaming of Autumnal Bliss...

Woke up this morning to the smell of coffee and warm maple syrup and was soon eating breakfast in bed
as I watched the sunrise on this incredible autumn day.

Made a few calls and within an hour we met our closest friends out near our country house.

I was smart enough a few years ago to just go ahead and buy riding boots for my girlfriends and had them ready for a little jaunt around the grounds bursting with fall colors.

Of course, the plan was for me to be able to ride my favorite horse...

But somehow, I got last pick...

We rode and listened to the clip clop of the horses hooves and the sounds of the babbling brook...

Saying sad goodbyes to the horses, we headed back the path chatting about this and laughing about that...

We unpacked the baskets and set up  as the birds chirped and the squirrels snickered...

Hot apple cider warmed hands...and hearts...

While I perfected the scrumptious scene of snacks to tide us over til dinner...

Some of us whiled away the afternoon with a happy nap in the hammocks...

And others just read or relaxed...


It wasn't long before there was a chill in the air and wine in our hands.


And before we knew it, it was time to head into the barn for a candlelit dinner...

Happily having packed up earlier in the afternoon, Shawn and I waved goodbye to all as they drove off...

And we rowed across the lake to camp as he told me how very much he loves my new dark hair color...

Tents set up and the fire lit...we cuddled up feeling blessed for having such great friends and time to get to spend with them. Lucky. We're very lucky.

 Oh, and yes, it was only just a dream...well, except for having the best friends anyone could ask for and the hope that someday we can spend such a day together. That and I suppose that I really did go very dark with my hair and though Shawn does say he loves it, the fact that nearly everyone else has simply said, "Huh. Ya decided to go dark, did ya?", probably means that my stylist is going to have to work overtime next month to get me back to blond. As a side note...if you can't think of anything nice to say, it's probably better to not say anything at all! I mean, come on people! I'm just saying.

We are lucky though. Very lucky. Blessed in love and life and here's hoping you are, too.

Have a wonderful weekend!
xxoo


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails