Wednesday

JU JU CAMEROON HATS

It's been 7 years now since I first saw one of these Cameroon headdresses displayed on a wall in an "oh so chic" home in Elle Decor. Having no clue what in the world it was that I was looking at, but having a hard time keeping my mouth closed as it kept saying, "Wow. That's Incredible!", it took me days to track down the source and find out it was a hand-made feather headdress from Cameroon, Africa.
 The image and the idea of acquiring one of these beauties have never left me and though I've found some available here and there online, they are quite pricey and I am quite...erm...fine, let's just say it, broke. Ok. Not, broke, like wondering where our next meal will come from, but broke as in I probably could buy one if I chose to only pay the minimum payment on my credit card this month and gave up my Starbuck's for the year. So, in lieu of such extreme sacrifices, I've dropped the hint to my lovely husband at least five times, but I'm fairly sure that the only Ju Ju he remembers is the gummy candy. Oh well. I continue to love them and know now, after all these years, that for me it's not just a passing fancy...it's
 lasting love.
I'm sure some will say that at this point they're passe, but I'm not one of those people. And like Billy Baldwin says, "Be faithful to your own taste because nothing you really like is ever out of style." Brilliant.

via designalogue blog

via designalogue blog


wish i knew

wish i knew

via Table Tonic

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails